As an organization, the unpredictable state of 2020 allowed us time to regroup, recenter and…
It seems like you can’t visit a news site or read the paper without running across an article about the latest data breach or a new cyber-threat that is targeting your personal information. Data security will only become a more critical issue for companies that outsource communications driven by sensitive customer data such as statements, explanation of benefits and other legally required documents. Given the potential cost of a breach, companies have to be diligent in their own security and the security practices of their vendors.
Kaye-Smith has received ISO 27001 certification of its Information Security Management System for seven years running and is regularly audited under SOC-2 Guidelines detailed in the AICPA Guide: Reporting on Controls at a Service Organizations Relevant to Security, Availability, Processing Integrity, Confidentiality, or Privacy. Our most recent audit took place this past September.
Why go through these certifications and audits? Because we’re committed to protecting our clients’ most valuable resource; their customer data. Our full-time Information Security Administrator, a senior member of our management team, oversees company-wide adherence to our security policies. It is our policy to ensure:
• The confidentiality of company, client, and customer information is maintained, specifically PHI and PI, (Protected Health Information and Personal Information.)
• Sensitive information is protected against unauthorized access and the integrity of information is maintained
• Critical information remains available to authorized personnel when required
• Critical business functions are identified as part of the business continuity plan
• Business continuity plans are maintained and regularly tested
• All applicable regulatory and legislative requirements are met
You can learn more about our commitment to protecting our customers’ data by downloading our paper, “Security & Business Continuity at Kaye-Smith: Protecting Your Customers’ Information.” If you want more information, contact your Kaye-Smith representative and arrange a facility tour. We’re happy to show you around and answer any questions you may have.